Thursday, August 18, 2011

There's always a first time in everything.

(Original post 7/17/11)





Today, I went to surf!! Well, I attempted to surf.
One of my co-worker surfs, so he took me to the beach near-by, where all surfers enjoy surfing.

First of all, surfing starts EARLY in the morning.
I was up at 5 AM, and he picked me up at 5:30. After cleaning and preparing the surf board, and changing to a surf suit, we were there, Long Beach.

Tides were maybe bigger than to be appropriate for a beginner like me.
Today's purpose was to get used to the board, and to feel the waves and get used to them.
Water wasn't too cold, of course with surf suit on.

I did NOT get to stand on the board and surf today. What can I say, it's 1st day!!
I was trying to balance myself on the board, which I am having a HARD TIME! I really did not think just laying down on the surf board on my stomach was that difficult.
I used to swim, and let me tell ya, floating in the pool and in the ocean is totally different. I think that's what makes it so hard.

I'm going back out there again. I'm not done or given up yet. I think I liked it, even though I didn't get to really surf. I'm gonna be a surf girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment